Thursday, December 10, 2009

Farewell Walkman and CD Players

The other day I was talking to my sixth grade ELA and Reading Strategies teacher, Mr. Madden.

He had gone into Best Buy the other day and going through all the various albums they had, he noticed that there were no CD players. He asked me, "why is it that with all these CDs they are selling, they have no CD players?" He told me to think about it and answer the said question when I formulated my conclusion.

The question interested me. I hadn't noticed anything like that. I find it very odd that one of the biggest technology stores didn't even sell a simple CD player.

My conclusion was that people don't need the technology anymore. They already had their computers to upload the music on and their iPods and MP3s to store it in.

But then that raised another question: Why do we need CDs and DVDs? We have iTunes, Amazon, and other websites to download the music. And usually it's cheaper -- sometimes even free. So why do they continue to sell the two without the accompaniment of their external players?

No comments:

Post a Comment